Saturday, January 29, 2011

2011 Calendar Challenge

I have decided to participate in a monthly challenge this year. I became very inspired by Jill's Calendar Challenge posts and am happy to see that it is continuing in 2011. This is the link to The Kathryn Wheel where you can find out more and sign up, and there is a Flickr group too.
This is my base spread for January. I am using a spiral-bound pad of watercolour pages that I got for a few dollars sometime last year. It is quite a wide area when open, but that means I have a bit more room to play : each page is 23cm x 30cm and the calendar squares I have made are 4x4 cm. I decided to play with paint for this month. My fav colour is purple, and I overstamped that with yellow acrylic and a swirly stamp. I wanted the feel to be bright and cheerful - January is our summer holiday month in New Zealand. The labels for the days I have used this time are from a 2010 calendar and each has the translation in Maori below.We have spent a lot of time around water this month, so the beach babes also seemed appropriate.Tune in again on 1st Feb, and you will see the finished spread for January, and my next base for February. ...there is still time for you to join in too.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...