Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The To-Do List

At the beginning of January I had only 3 things on my to-do list...the list is longer now.
1. Gran's 100th birthday present - 1/2 way there...one week until deadline
2. Needlecase - have found a really cool idea here which is making me want to start this soon
3. I have succumbed to making another art journal...tune in for more tomorrow.4."Mixed Media Melange" online workshop - begins 28/1 (can't wait) - more tempting pic's of what we will be doing here
5. Complete "Simply Delicious" quilt - I now have a deadline for this - our local club has an annual show day ("Tote and Glote") which I will aim for - Saturday 7th May. We always have a speaker there and this year are lucky enough to have Yvonne Brown. Her work is lovely, so I am sure she will be a treat. If you have access to back issues of Quilting Arts magazine, check her out in Winter 2005 : Issue 20. And that leads me naturally to
6. Celtic Cutwork Workshop with Yvonne Brown on Monday 9th May. Hoping I will get to do this one. Click here to go to examples in the gallery on her website.

Some blog love to keep you occupied until tomorrow :-)
This post reminded me that making a book for trying out new techniques will probably make it onto my To-Do List before the end of the year!
Cas Holmes -- gorgeous work. She has a book out which I can't wait to see "The Found Object in Textile Art"
Beautiful books made by Jill Taylor here and also here in the style of Frances Pickering
Thanks to Lisa for this link to Terri Stigmiller on Flickr and in turn to her art quilt website
See you again soon

3 comments:

  1. I must remember to leave more time between looking at your blog and bedtime ---you always have so many inspiring ideas and links that before I know it,times raced away....but then my minds full of lovely images to dream about so its all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynette from Jill in the UK, isn't great to chat around the world. Thanks for the mention and lovely comment. It is definitely not too late to join the 2011 calendar challenge. I have been keeping one for about 18 months now, and love looking back at old pages (helps my memory too).
    I have thoroughly enjoyed a whiz through your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynette! I just posted the first class lesson a little early....I hope you enjoy the workshop..we;re going to have a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...