Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Friendship

Happy Birthday to my very special friend Katherine. I feel so lucky to be blessed with such a lovely and creative friend. We appreciate each other for our differences, and are constantly inspired by each others' projects and creative ideas.
Katherine's mum sent an email asking if I wanted to contribute a 12x12 inch page as part of a gift for a significant birthday. It is great to be able to share it at last. You might remember the neutral wall-hanging which I shared in Feb using techniques from my Mixed Media Melange online workshop. Katherine loved it, so I decided to use this same technique to create a page for her. The quote says "Every friend is to the other a sun, and a sunflower also" (Richter) The page contains a combination of things which are a blend of her and me - she would expect butterflies and hearts to feature :-) These girls are a silhouette copied from a fabric postcard she sent me in March 2008 which lives on my inspiration board.The page is backed with fabric paper in my favourite colours with my favourite free-motion stitch and the pocket contains a card handmade especially with her in mind.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely treasure - just like our friendship - I am truly blessed as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a lovely job of this, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Lynette - you should make a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...