Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bus Trip

I got up early on Sunday (early for me anyway) and made my way to catch a bus with other members of Rose City Quilters for a day trip to Waipukurau.
First we went to "The Festival" held at Pukeora.There were some lovely fabricy creations - clothes - brooches - woollens - but I really can't bring myself to purchase things I could create for myself. So no purchases but lots of ideas generated, and I was very tempted by the beautiful jewellery made by Shelley Von Sturm 
Then we were off to "A new spin on Wool" - this year's exhibition by Wine Country Quilts.
Not a large exhibition, but with some lovely quilts and other wool items. These are a selection of my favourites (credited with the labels that were hanging with them - if you  are the creator of one of these and have a blog, just let me know and I will link to you) :
This first one was created with wet felting and needlefelting. Don't you just love the colours?
"The Colour of Truth is Grey" by Leanne Rogerson of Auckland
"Oppose" by Marion Manson of Hamilton
Love this blue-brown colour combo.

"Rose Wreaths" by Jean Wilson of Blenheim
"Seen Better Days" by Julie Lumsden of Wellsford
"A Blooming Bag" by Lyn Stoddart of Waipukurau
And finally, this quilt by Katherine Morrison (a well-known NZ quilter).
"Turangawaewae" by Katherine Morrison of Upper Hutt
Check out the quilting from the back!
All in all a lovely day out spent with a lovely friend :-)

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I love the one called "oppose" and that blooming bag is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is fabulous. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... love all those pictures: everything is so special, and the colourcombinations are gorgeous! Thankx for all the inspiration.

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your kind words about "The Colour of Truth'. The piece is now residing in Inidanapolis.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...