Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fun with Wax

My friend & I had a play day on Tuesday this week. We decided to try a few things using melted beeswax.
We had a proper melting pot and dipped various papers & tags in to see what we got.
LEFT after dipping in wax -- RIGHT before
Love how the music becomes translucent with the waxed layer.
LEFT = after wax
These tags were stamped first with my lovely Tim Holtz Papillon Stamp set. Love them every time I use them.
This tag came up so effectively - originally the cardstock was a very faint lavender, and the stamping seems more dimensional now.
Ordinary wrapping paper didn't have so much of an effect, although the feel of it is nice.
But this handmade paper from Trade Aid with leaves embedded into it looks lovely. The torn pieces lying on top of the original paper were stamped with another part of the Papillon set before waxing.
A simple technique, with lots of fun results.
Hope you have a fun and safe Easter long weekend.
Talk to you next week

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely. I would like to play with wax someday too, there's something magical about it. However I am resisting the urge to buy the supplies, I have to draw the line somewhere, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the extra dimension wax gives to a work, fab! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun...I love experimental stuff like this.
    The music sheet turned such a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how old paper turns translucent when you add the beeswax to it! and I love the way the pot of beeswax makes my studio smell...

    You're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely this simple technique with wax !
    Love your banner very much .
    love from the Netherlands ♥RINI♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...