Friday, March 21, 2014

Lucky Quilty Week

A lovely week with 2 quilt shows to inspire me. Last Sunday I went to the Feilding Kowhai Patchwork Quilters' Exhibiton at the Coach House. It was a fabulous location for the quilts, displayed on the Coach House Museum pieces. 
I'm only showing you these 2 photos because you're best to go to the club's blog where they've posted lots of wonderful photos of the event. I was very inspired by this stitched quote for obvious reasons! 
They also had some shops there, and I stopped by the stall of Fabric by Three to stroke their beautiful hand-dyed fabrics, and admire their range of stencils (also available online). 
I'm still being thrifty, and although tempted, didn't make any purchases. I don't usually win competitions and thought my win last week of the online classes was simply amazing. But when I opened my letterbox today there was a package for me which contained a letter saying I had won a daily draw from Fabric by Three - so glad I filled out a piece of paper while I was there browsing! My prize was 4 beautiful hand-dyed fat quarters and a notebook with a lovely fabric cover. You can order their fabric online.
This weekend I'm off to see the Quilt show at Pukeora : Wine Country Quilts. There'll be more quilts to get inspired by, and there'll be more shops. Thinking I might have to enter another competition...or buy a lotto ticket! Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...