Thursday, January 22, 2015

Week 3 : DLP 2015

Information about the Documented Life Project is HERE.
The minute I saw "colour wheel" I knew I wanted to use the bright happy colours of Dylusions sprays. I am in this Dylusions journal, so no prepping needed. I just sprayed in a loose colour wheel order around the spread (the colours blend so nicely with that order) and then rolled a paper towel over the ink before leaving to dry.
When I think of Georgia O'Keeffe, I always think flowers. So my first thought was to doodle flowers with black pen like I did in my flower power class with Alisa Burke. But while my ink was drying, I saw a wonderful piece on FB that reminded me about my gelly roll moonlight pens....so I combined the techniques which I'd used separately HERE
And this is what developed : click on any photo in this post to make it larger
My doodled flowers were inspired by the "shapes" I saw in the ink on the page. 
Base page
Flower inspired by ink shading
I have had a fabulous week of warmth, colour and inspiration, and the completed spread reflects that :-)
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and I've created a Flickr album for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the very thorough explanation. This is beautiful! Very inspiring. I am bookmarking your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love these.
    Would normal (kids) gel pens be worth a try do you think?



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - anything is worth a try but these moonlight pens are opaque so show really well. Also gorgeous on black paper and I got them for a very good price on Fishpond if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lynette. hey do you use gelatos? Are they worth having?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynette your pages are so wonderfully made, love the colors and your flowers.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re gelatos - I only have a couple of these, but to be honest, I am more than happy with my watersoluble crayons. I have a 10-pack of neocolor IIs, and also a cheaper brand with more colours that I love equally well : http://lynettecollis.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/inspired-by-colour.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page! I have those pens too and never thought of using them on top of Dylusions! It looks wonderful! I will defo try that! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, although I don't know if I could cover such a beautiful background up with anything. It's so gorgeous I might want to leave it as is. This would make a lovely fabric too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...