Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Week 11 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE Documented Life Project is HERE.
The theme for March is doodles and mark making, and this week's challenge was about borders : 
This was a challenge that I contemplated for a while before starting. Inspired by borders as the idea of a frame - seeing outside the border - pushing your boundaries, but not at all inspired by the song lyrics. Eventually I decided I just had to somehow start, so I laid down a collage of paper and serviettes, leaving a blank border around them although no idea what I'll do with that space...
The pink is quite bright and I am thinking I want to do another face, so I apply gesso with brayer to tone that paper layer down, and also stamp with gesso - have you seen this youtube about Gesso with Jane Davenport? Some nice ideas.
Thought that glimmer mists would be nice colour for my next layer, but was almost finished the bottle of Delphinium. 
So I sprayed with the green, and sponged on with the soft purple - you can see in this photo why they have "glimmer" in their name (click on any photo to see it larger)
In Life Book I have been watching more lessons about faces, so thought I would practice again in this journal. 
Then I added doodled marks in her hair
a quote within her hair (Emily Dickinson)
more doodles in a couple of the borders
and with my own quote inspired by Guillaume Apollinaire I finished my spread
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and I've created a Flickr album for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Another stunning page, almost tempting me to try out some faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at the end of week 11 and I'm still staring at my blank page. I have been inspired by you to just start it!! I love visiting others doing this project!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...