Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week 20 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE Documented Life Project is HERE
Each week I seem to be anticipating the following week's challenge. The challenge for week 19 was stitch and I used modelling paste in my background. Turns out that is our texture challenge for Week 20 (last week) - I'm catching up...

I love using it - click HERE to see all my posts where I've used modeling paste. I started this challenge last Wednesday (during the correct week) by scraping modeling paste through a paper cut scrapbook page as a stencil
Delicious. Click on any photo to see it larger
Then I got completely distracted by thinking about and researching a new sewing machine (see my previous post) and didn't get back to this until yesterday. As is pretty much always the case, I had no idea where I was headed, but thought I would use the same elements that I used in this book cover which I ♥.
First to add more texture to my modeling paste base : torn serviette, some Tim Holtz tissue, scrim (muslin), and drywall joint tape :
Then some colour was needed. My first thought was purples, but I liked the grey that had come off the dirty stencil onto the modeling paste, and also the grey tonings in the serviette. Started with greyed purple spray, and thought some shimmer would be nice so added twinkling H2O in soft purple as well. 
Liked the shimmer so continued to add some more pearlescent paint in purple and soft green, then highlighted with silver iridescent
Here's how the page looked with my daily journaling slots added to the side
I was going to leave it there, but then decided I could add a word to my butterfly element - the journal prompt this week was "Rising to the occasion"
I used my black marks-all pencil and then smudged it with a blending stump to make it a bit grungy. And here's the completed page :
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...