Friday, September 25, 2015

Looking forward

It's been raining and quite cold at times this week - but today it feels more like Spring isn't so far away. I've got a bit of a head cold, but 2 weeks of school holidays start NOW - I am looking forward to the start of daylight savings on Sunday, some holiday relaxing, time putting the garden in order, stitching a quilt top together, and hopefully swapping out all my merino and winter layers for spring colour in my wardrobe as warmer weather arrives...
I've been making a few more greeting cards recently from scrap card that I used to collect excess paint and printing. I cut the A4 card into smaller pieces and sewed them onto card bases before adding various serviette additions. 
Simple but pretty
Expecting that the holiday rest will also inspire me to make more art - Tam (creator of Life Book) recently released another free time-lapse video of her process making this lovely piece :
 See other views and the video by Tam HERE
The combined annual Manawatu/Wanganui/Taranaki Regional Embroiderer's guild exhibition is currently on display here in Palmerston North. There is a huge variety, and very high standard of work and I encourage you to get to Te Manawa to see it if you here any time from now until 11 October. Here are a few of my favourite pieces from that exhibition by Jenny Hunter - I've shared her quilts from another show HERE.
Click on any photo to see it larger. Her work is beautiful - these pieces reminded me of a gorgeous book I have in my collection by Jan Messent - have a peak inside via Amazon HERE
I also loved the humour and the technical loveliness of this version of "The Walrus and the carpenter" illustrated by Judith Balchin, one of our talented locals :
AND I ♥ this quote (found on Hanna's blog)
You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty minutes and watch your heart start beating.  Barbara Sher
Wishing you a happy and creative weekend and looking forward to sharing with you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Love the background on those cards! I recognise the butterfy and the dragonfly motifs from a napkin! I've got the exact same - those are my favourite (and most frequently used) images as well! Have good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...