Thursday, September 10, 2015

Week 35 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life Project is HERE
Since this next challenge was to do a self-portrait, I was tempted to skip it! Then I realised that I could use my handmade stencil of my face again. 
First made and used in Week 2, I re-used it in Week 13 to different effect. Let's see what I make of it this time...
First I wanted to have a quick and easy background, so glued down Tim Holtz tissue : 
I love butterflies, music, and wanted to talk about memories in my journaling so this fitted my page well. Normally I wouldn't lay this down for my entire background, but worked for me this week since I am behind yet again {sigh}.
Then I obviously needed colour - used twinkling H2Os, and then painted clear gesso over the top so that I would have that layer protected for whatever I decided to do next. Click on any photo to see it larger.
Next was the stencil - I wanted to keep it ethereal to start with, so painted some more twinkling H2O to just give the shape of the face
I added lead pencil next to give definition to the features and curl to the hair.
Also some red to the lips, and decided to add purple acrylic paint to the body as a journaling area. I knew I had quite a gap to fill on the other side of the page. First I added some white gesso to tone down where my daily journaling block would be
then I found this tag that I had originally created as a possible addition to Week 7
I added some blue twinkling H2O to blend it with my new background, and the purple fabric and stamped flower bring that colour across my spread
Her face was looking a bit blue, so I added some pink acrylic and pen detailing to her features
This face evolved from the stencil that I made and I do like the effect of the tissue elements still being visible, and the placment of the butterfly. Although I haven't ended up with self portrait, with my journal prompt complete, I'm happy to call this spread done
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.
And that's the end of the August Face challenges - will try and get September's first challenge done in the next few days so I'm up to date again. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome. You are so good at thinking outside the box. I love your colored tissue paper and I think the painting is great. It's Susan from DLP:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...