Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 48 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. There aren't many weeks left, and I had more pages left in my journal than required, so first up I needed to remove some pages from the remaining signatures...I tore them out carefully from behind the pages that had the stitching showing, so as not to damage the stitching
Then I placed masking tape over the (now loosened) stitching so that it would stay safe. I did this for a couple of reasons - the journal was bursting full with a few too many pages anyway :
and I really want to finish this journal at the end of 2015 and start fresh with something new in 2016. Now I have the right number of spreads left to complete this year's challenges. Here's this week's :
So happy to see this since I love using these supplies. Traci Bautista is this week's guest artist.
Summer has properly arrived at my house, and I've been in the garden this weekend, and also inspired by this wonderful book :
Take a peek inside via Amazon HERE. It's full of colour and gorgeous inspiration, including guest appearances by many of my current favourite artists. I especially love this piece which is a collaboration between Carrie Schmitt and Megan Jefferson :
Spirit Dance 24x36 Collaboration with Megan Jefferson. In private collection
Spirit Dance
Although I was happy enough with last week's spread (previous post), it wasn't as vibrant as I normally like, so this week I set out to create joyful bright layers with my flora themed stamps, stencil and masks. These are what I gathered as possibilities for use :
I wanted a little bit of collage peeking through, and then it was time to add gorgeous paint colours (you can see the masking tape down the centre of the spread)
Ran a bit of white gesso to slightly mute the part that will be my journaling block, and added stamping with a homemade stamp to define the area
Then decided I might like a bit more light contrast on the rest so added white paint with stamps and stencils
and just kept adding more layers of stamps, stencils and masks
The art prompt in full was a Henry James quote :  "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." Therefore I added those words 3 times around my spread (using stickers and rub-ons) and it's done - a riot of colour which makes me so happy :-)
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.
And that's farewell November...only 4 spreads to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...