Wednesday, June 22, 2016

DLP (doodle a flower, add stamps) and daily journaling

I was starting a blog post about my birthday week, and realised I hadn't shared my daily journaling from the week before. Last time I shared my daily pages, I showed some cake stencils that I'd got cheap
and was dying to use the large tapa one so started my page with that and my favourite poppy stencil. 
I wanted to add a Pocket Art Card (PAC) so looked to another piece of the cut card I had shared last spread. I used the upper doily last time. 
I thought I would revisit the prompt "add stamps" with some white stamping of a favourite face (and the wee white circles), and then added various trims and found words that suit being tucked up cosily on a wintery night.
I did quite a lot of writing on the page, and I felt like my stenciling needed more to make them an artful feature on the page. Another prompt for Documented Life early in June was "doodle a flower", so with that in mind I decided to doodle ON my flowers. Love the metallic pen effect : 
Note the addition of another small flower stamped on the sheet music above. And I felt the need to also add a butterfly stamp to the flowers at the top of the page (had to do this with paint so the ink behind didn't soak through) before adding pink metallic Sakura Gelly Roll pen to finish those
Here's the finished daily journaling
It faces my Effy Life Book lesson I shared HERE.
You can see my Flickr album with all my daily journaling spreads HERE. You can find out more about DLP 2016 the unPlanner HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you changed the poppy stencil with the doodles. It has completely transformed the image, so much so, I thought it was a different stencil at first! Beautiful colour tones in it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...