Saturday, December 31, 2016

My 2016 Ta Da! List

At the end of every December, I like to take a moment to celebrate and share my completed creative projects from the year. 
Art Journaling has been a major focus this year. I began with a second-hand art book to alter and use for the Life Book 2016 projects along with Documented Life 2016 and daily journaling. I wanted to see my artful journey in one place, and also incorporate other art along the way.  This is how my art journal looks today : 
Go HERE to see every spread I've completed in 2016. I still have pages to continue the journey into 2017 and I am very happy about that. This is my latest spread for 2016 :
See my previous 2 blog posts for details of these pages.
The recent work I've been doing in classes with Effy Wild continue to inspire me to dig deeper, listen to my inner whispers, think about what I really want to do with my art : sometimes it's just to create something pretty, but I'm enjoying the self-enquiry and affirmation aspects more and more. And "doing the work" ie. creating every day, leads to more creativity. I especially enjoyed the Facing Forward II class and seeing how my faces are developing. I will definitely be completing the other 5 faces from this class and sharing them finished in 2017. The above spread shows my most recent from that class.
My word for this year has been TRANSFORM. While I didn't meet my expectations in some areas, I transformed in unexpected ways...Read all about that HEREMy word of the year informed the first page of my art journal and many more after
The above page was my first of my Life Book Projects this year. Check out my review of Life Book 2016 HERE. All my Life Book project photos are HERE.
I stayed focussed on my word with monthly prompts via Ali Edwards' One Little Word class. This was my March vision board
As well as these projects that lasted the year, I made a number of other things. In February I was back to work at school with a new diary cover.
In March I had a play day to celebrate a friend's birthday, and made these paper mache teacups
I finished my "Wild Women don't get the blues" quilt in May and won a merit ribbon for it in October!  
For my birthday play day I made crepe paper flowers
and made a quilt top - on the "to finish quilting" list for 2017....
My nephew and his fiance had a baby girl in August and I made them this quilt
In September-October I did lots in my art journal. And did my first face for Effy's Facing Forward II class
In November I taught 3 mixed media art classes - loved these. 
From Past to Present Artfully was a 2 hour class for Local history week at the public library
Mixed Media Fabric banners
Star Books
At school I took a craft club in the 4th term and made a christmas quilt - the children made felt decorations to hang on it
I've continued to make birthday cards : 
At the end of the school year my student librarians received handmade bookmarks from me as a thank you for their work
Then it was December and time to make some festive cards
and then my main batch of Christmas cards
I love to see all my projects listed like this in one place. And I'd like you to think about what you can celebrate creatively this year. How have you developed on your creative journey?
Now's the time to look ahead to 2017 : What choices are you willing to make so you can create art?
Wishing you Creative Joy in 2017

5 comments:

  1. That's quite a "ta-da" list and a lovely review of your creative year! May 2017 bring you at least this much creativity, Lynette! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you have been very busy over the past year.I too am a kiwi art journaller.Ive done quite a few journals now.Are you going to a looking forward into 2017.... I am having trouble deciding on a theme or type of journal for 2017...or just to continue on in the unfinished journals I have now...so many choices!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leila - I will be sharing my dream list of projects in the next couple of days. Aren't we lucky to have so many choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are indeed.I shall look forward to seeing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...