Saturday, December 10, 2016

November memory keeping

November was a month of wonderful creativity teaching 3 mixed media classes and children's craft club sessions alongside high personal stress from my eldest studying and sitting his NCEA exams and some extended family issues. As a consequence, time for my personal art suffered and I felt the lack. However, as I created my November spread retrospectively this weekend, it gave me back perspective and I remembered that creativity is always central in my life.
Click on the links to see my Banner Class, my star book class, and details of the Christmas quilt.
I wish that I had read this FB post by ELizabeth Gilbert last month : 
Although it's about her response to the US election results and her personal situation dealing with a partner with cancer, her question is uppermost for me. As I head into December and the business of the inevitable overwhelm of the season, as I reflect on my "One Little Word" this year and the disappointments over some of that (more later), her words give me positive direction with where I want to go next. 
As I head into school holidays I do so with the knowledge that Summer has arrived and I am entering my season of high creativity.  I can't wait to share more with you.
You can see my Flickr album with all my daily journaling spreads HERE. 

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty powerful message in that FB post! Glad you found the time to put your page together - sometimes that's all we need to put the world to rights. As you're heading into summer, we're heading into winter: it's just ironic that winter solstice is on the 21st, when the days will start getting longer for us, while I expect it's the other way around for you! It's a never ending cycle - we have to make the most of it, no matter what season, weather, etc. Enjoy your Christmas festivities and your summer holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...