Monday, January 23, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 4 in Napier ♥

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life Project 2014Week 4 : Write a secret message and then paint over all but one key wordIt's my wedding anniversary this week - 25 years happily married is definitely something to be celebrated ♥ This was the FB message that my husband posted on Friday : 
It's been Wellington Anniversary weekend in my part of the world - Monday off and Napier only a couple of hours away. We set off on Saturday morning for a lovely weekend of just the two of us. I took some art supplies so I could do my daily journal art page whilst away. Decided to start with the lovely message and photo above, backed with some appropriate scrap booking paper so it's a flap in the middle of the spread.
I had torn a page out of a large print novel thinking I would highlight a hidden message. I must admit I selected the page by seeing the word married, but the others I found once I started the project. I outlined the words first with charcoal pencil, smudged with blending stump. I then applied tombow markers around and blended with water.
To "hide/disguise" the other words, I then drew over the background with my lovely white sharpie - this looks really effective 
My original spread started with old paint
and now it looks like this - love to include small photos for memory keeping where I can
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.
Because I always like to look at other people's holiday photos, here are highlights of our long weekend in Napier to finish. We stayed HERE and would definitely stay again
We did our research before we left, and ate very well. Recommend all of these - all open lunch and dinner so noted when we were there. The Thirsty Whale (lunch)
Three Doors Up (dinner)
Elephant Hill winery (lunch - especially superb - their Chardonnay too)
And can't go past brunch at Ujazi 
We had warm temperatures though a bit windy. Drove out to Ocean Beach on the coast - bit wild and wonderful - got our feet wet
Visited Birdwoods gallery again - always inspired by their art
Walked along Marine Parade 
and enjoyed the views out to Cape Kidnappers
And at the end of our time we discovered a new sculpture by Paul Dibble
Divine ♥ But then I've never seen a Dibble sculpture I didn't like....We've been to Napier before and always love it - just in case you're considering a visit...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely shots - I like looking at people's holiday photos too :) Happy anniversary! Love the page you created to commemorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zsuzsa - it was a fabulous weekend together and we are celebrating with the boys tonight on our actual day ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...