Sunday, February 12, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 7

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life project 2014Week 7 : Draw one shape - repeat - add colour. And once I read the prompt from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE it was pretty obvious what that shape should be (Valentine). First to gatherings....I'm not really a Valentines day girl, but seem to have lots of pretty heart shapes!
I really liked Lorraine Bell's layering of hearts in 2014, so began by layering some heart papers and stitching them to a backing which will become a flap for this week. They are only stitched through the middle so still dimensional :-)
Then time to start layering - I decided to use spray paint - large stencil is one I cut myself
Here's the inside flap finished - loving the found words too
I also thought 2 stencils layered and sponged might be cool....
and it is ♥
Here's my main page of repeating shapes
And the entire spread open
and with the flap closed
It looks like it's overlapping here, but once flattened to close it's fine - loving the look of the journal blooming already ♥
Lesson learned - the flaps attached to the outside edge close quite well without adding too much bulk, but the ones done in the centre of the journal (as I did in weeks 3 and 4) make it harder to close. 
Wishing you a week filled with love ♥
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE

2 comments:

  1. Love your page full of hearts! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zsuzsa
    My husband and I remembered to text each other half way through the day!....but i do love hearts
    Happy Valentines to you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...